Up to date: 11 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 20
Flooding within the Engineering Facilities Constructing, 1550 Engineering Drive, has prompted class and lab cancellations for programs positioned in that constructing for Thursday, Sept. 21.
The constructing is at the moment closed and entry is prohibited.
The reason for the flooding just isn’t but identified, however a number of areas of the constructing have been affected. The leak has been stopped and crews are on website to start cleanup.
“I do know lots of you might be desperate to enter the constructing, significantly these of you who conduct analysis in ECB,” says Engineering Dean Ian Robertson.
“I ask on your endurance and guarantee you we’ll attempt to can help you enter as quickly as we will. We’re working to find out the extent of the flooding and can observe up with further communications as we be taught extra.”
Starting Thursday, for Engineering college students:
- All courses and labs within the Engineering Facilities Constructing are cancelled on Thursday, Sept. 21. College students and instructors of courses assembly within the Engineering Facilities Constructing will be taught extra about educational continuity plans in a forthcoming electronic mail.
- The necessity for added class relocations past Thursday can be decided. Updates can be supplied by way of electronic mail to these affected.
- Pupil group area or tasks within the TEAM Lab or different scholar lab area, are requested to not enter the constructing to verify on area or tasks at the moment.
Starting Thursday for Engineering school and workers:
- College and workers with a laboratory within the constructing are requested to attend for directions from the faculty on when and how one can safely enter the constructing to verify in your lab.
- College and workers with workplaces within the constructing are requested not attempt to enter the constructing at the moment; fairly, work along with your supervisor to make preparations to finish your work remotely till additional discover.