Chancellor Jennifer L. Mnookin has appointed a 17-member search and display screen committee to assist determine a vice chancellor for analysis on the College of Wisconsin–Madison.
Steve Ackerman, who served as vice chancellor for analysis and graduate schooling since 2019, retired in September.
William L. Murphy, professor of biomedical engineering and orthopedics and rehabilitation, will chair the search committee.
At the moment often called the vice chancellor for analysis and graduate schooling, the vice chancellor for analysis will proceed to supervise and coordinate UW–Madison’s analysis enterprise, working carefully with the chancellor, the provost, different vice chancellors, deans, college, employees, and shared governance. The place may also play a pivotal position in constructing a future-oriented analysis infrastructure that leverages UW–Madison’s historical past of innovation in service to the Wisconsin Concept.
To higher allow this enhanced give attention to analysis, the UW–Madison administration is working with shared governance companions on a change in reporting traces, through which the Graduate College would report back to the Workplace of the Provost whereas sustaining a “dotted line” relationship with the Workplace of the Vice Chancellor for Analysis. A primary studying of those modifications to College Insurance policies and Procedures occurred on the Nov. 6 College Senate assembly.
“That is an extremely thrilling alternative to propel our analysis enterprise ahead and search new alternatives,” says Mnookin. “With Professor Murphy’s management, I’m assured that the search committee will determine a visionary, collaborative vice chancellor for analysis who will construct upon UW–Madison’s status as a analysis powerhouse and additional our dedication to innovation and the Wisconsin Concept.”
The search and display screen committee is working with nationwide govt search agency Isaacson, Miller to determine a powerful pool of candidates.
Campus neighborhood listening periods will likely be held in December.
Members of the UW–Madison Vice Chancellor for Analysis Search and Display screen Committee embody:
- Anjon Audhya; senior affiliate dean for fundamental analysis, biotechnology, and graduate research for the College of Medication & Public Well being
- Chris Bartley, managing director, Waisman Biomanufacturing
- Meghan Chua, communications specialist, Graduate College
- Marina Emborg, professor of medical physics
- Elizabeth Hennessy, affiliate professor, Nelson Institute for Environmental Research and Division of Historical past
- Tracey Holloway, Jeff Rudd and Jeanne Bissell Professor of Power Evaluation and Coverage, Nelson Institute for Environmental Research and Division of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
- Mohit Gupta, affiliate professor of Pc Sciences
- Laura Hernandez, professor of animal and dairy science
- Suhjung Janet Lee, Related College students of Madison pupil consultant
- Daniel Noguera, Wisconsin Distinguished Professor, Division of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Aaron Olver, managing director, College Analysis Park
- Ian Robertson, dean, School of Engineering
- Jenny Saffran, Rubinstein Professor, Division of Psychology, School of Letters & Science
- Dave Schroeder, nationwide safety analysis strategist, Division of Data Know-how and College of Pc, Knowledge & Data Sciences
- Susan Thibeault, Diane M. Bless Endowed Chair in Otolaryngology and professor of Surgical procedure
- Eric Wilcots, dean, School of Letters & Science
Questions or nominations might be directed to committee chair Murphy and Isaacson, Miller. Further details about this search and the place description will likely be posted at https://provost.wisc.edu/academic-leadership-searches/.