A search committee has been appointed to assist establish and choose candidates for the subsequent dean of the College of Veterinary Medication.
Kristen Bernard, a professor of pathobiological sciences on the College of Veterinary Medication, is chairing the committee.
Mark D. Markel introduced in July that he’ll step down from the place in summer time 2024, after almost 12 years of main the state’s solely veterinary faculty by an period of unprecedented development.
The Veterinary Medication dean serves because the chief tutorial and government officer of the college with accountability for college and workers growth, personnel oversight, fundraising, funds planning and administration, curriculum, pupil tutorial affairs, scientific sources, and amenities growth. The varsity is comprised of 380 veterinary college students and roughly 875 college, workers, and trainees with a funds of roughly $100 million, together with analysis expenditures of $42 million.
Reporting to the chancellor and the provost, the dean serves on the college’s Deans Council, and gives management for veterinary drugs and sure public well being initiatives throughout the campus. The dean serves the state of Wisconsin by service on the board of the Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Affiliation, the Wisconsin Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory and to the veterinary drugs occupation on the nationwide and worldwide ranges, appearing as ambassador for the college and the occupation. The dean additionally leads the development of the college by its tutorial packages, its internationally acknowledged analysis initiatives, its philanthropic efforts, and by constructing sturdy inside and exterior communities to assist the college’s continued success and development.
To learn a full description of the place and directions on learn how to nominate candidates, go to https://www.imsearch.com/open-searches/uw-madison/dean-veterinary-medicine. To make sure consideration, functions should be acquired by Jan. 8.
A survey will be taken right here to assist present suggestions to the search committee. The deadline to finish the survey is Nov. 24.
Along with Bernard, the committee members are:
- Jenny Dahlberg, analysis administration director, College of Veterinary Medication
- Doerte Doepfer, professor of medical sciences, College of Veterinary Medication
- David Gamm, professor of ophthalmology & visible sciences, College of Medication & Public Well being
- Barbara King, professor on the College of Nursing
- Douglas Kratt, president and veterinarian, Central Animal Hospital, Onalaska, Wis., and 1998 SVM graduate; previous president of the American Veterinary Medical Affiliation.
- Krista Li, pupil consultant, College of Veterinary Medication
- Robert Lipinski, affiliate professor of comparative biosciences, College of Veterinary Medication
- Gillian McLellan, professor of surgical sciences, College of Veterinary Medication
- Karen Majerus, veterinary nurse supervisor, anesthesia, College of Veterinary Medication
- Linda Scott, dean of the College of Nursing
- Kurt Sladky, scientific professor of surgical sciences, College of Veterinary Medication
- Garret Suen, professor, Division of Bacteriology, School of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Michelle Turek, affiliate scientific professor of surgical sciences, College of Veterinary Medication
- Mostafa Zamanian, affiliate professor of pathobiological sciences, College of Veterinary Medication
For questions or feedback, contact Carole Kolb, Director of Administrative Providers, Workplace of the Provost.