Scale the heights of Spanish music vocabulary with this complete information.
Study key music phrases, beginning with the fundamentals and shifting on as much as each phrase you’ll ever have to know to debate music in Spanish, together with musical phrases, devices, genres and even melodic verbs and adjectives.
We’ll even spotlight some famend Spanish-language musicians who’ve made a major affect on the music trade.
Tune in for a complete information to Spanish music terminology!
Musical Phrases and Parts in Spanish
Fundamental Music Vocabulary
We’re about to dive into some fairly complicated phrases. Earlier than we do, listed here are 11 widespread music phrases it’s possible you’ll hear in on a regular basis Spanish conversations.
The phrases under are organized into themes to make them simpler to check. You can also make studying them even simpler by discovering them in use by native Spanish audio system, like on the movies over at FluentU.
Extra Music Vocabulary
* Italian loanwords
Musical Notation Vocabulary
Musical Devices in Spanish
Genres and Musical Kinds in Spanish
You’ll discover that the majority of those are cognates, so that they’re pretty straightforward to be taught!
Spanish Musical Verbs
Spanish Musical Adjectives
Well-known Spanish-language Musicians
There are lots of unbelievable Spanish-language musicians who’ve made their mark on the world of music. I’ve compiled a listing of among the largest names it’s possible you’ll come throughout, however this isn’t by any means an entire checklist. Use these names as a place to begin in your journey into Spanish-language musicians!
- Shakira: A Colombian singer-songwriter recognized for her distinctive voice and mix of pop and Latin rhythms. Songs to take a look at: “Hips Don’t Lie” and “Each time, Wherever.”
- Luis Miguel: A Mexican singer sometimes called “El Sol de México.” His romantic ballads and highly effective voice have made him a Latin music icon. Songs to take a look at: “La Incondicional” and “Culpable o No.”
- Juanes: A Colombian rock musician and singer-songwriter who incorporates a mixture of rock, pop and Latin influences in his music. Songs to take a look at: “Me Enamora” and “A Dios le Pido.”
- Ricky Martin: A Puerto Rican singer and actor who gained worldwide fame together with his catchy pop hits. Songs to take a look at: “Livin’ la Vida Loca” and “She Bangs.”
- Enrique Iglesias: A Spanish singer recognized for his romantic ballads and energetic pop songs. Songs to take a look at: “Bailamos” and “Hero.”
- Carlos Vives: A Colombian singer and composer who helped popularize vallenato and cumbia music, and whose songs function a fusion of conventional and trendy sounds. Songs to take a look at: “La Gota Fría” and “Bailar Contigo.”
- Celia Cruz: A Cuban singer generally known as the “Queen of Salsa.” Her vibrant and highly effective voice made her a legend within the salsa music world. Songs to take a look at: “La Vida es un Carnaval” and “Quimbara.”
- Daddy Yankee: A Puerto Rican rapper, singer and songwriter who performed a major position in popularizing reggaeton globally. Songs to take a look at: “Gasolina” and “Despacito” (with Luis Fonsi).
- Gloria Estefan: A Cuban-American singer, songwriter and actress. Along with her band Miami Sound Machine, she achieved quite a few hits. Songs to take a look at: “Conga” and “Rhythm Is Gonna Get You.”
- Maná: A Mexican rock band recognized for his or her socially aware lyrics and fusion of rock, pop and Latin sounds. Songs to take a look at: “Rayando el Sol” and “Labios Compartidos.”
- Marc Anthony: A Puerto Rican-American singer and actor who is among the top-selling tropical salsa artists of all time. Songs to take a look at: “Vivir Mi Vida” and “I Must Know.”
- Julieta Venegas: A Mexican singer-songwriter who blends rock, pop and people influences. Songs to take a look at: “Limón y Sal” and “Andar Conmigo.”
- Café Tacvba: A Mexican different rock band recognized for his or her revolutionary sound that fuses rock, punk and conventional Mexican music. Songs to take a look at: “Eres” and “Ingrata.”
- Thalía: A Mexican singer, actress and entrepreneur recognized for her versatile skills in music and leisure. Songs to take a look at: “Amor a la Mexicana” and “Piel Morena.”
- Juan Gabriel: A Mexican singer and songwriter who grew to become probably the most distinguished figures in Latin music historical past. Songs to take a look at: “Querida” and “Amor Eterno.”
Sing your approach to a greater vocabulary with this in depth checklist of Spanish music vocabulary!
And One Extra Factor…
Different websites use scripted content material. FluentU makes use of a pure strategy that helps you ease into the Spanish language and tradition over time. You’ll be taught Spanish because it’s truly spoken by actual folks.
FluentU has all kinds of movies, as you may see right here:
FluentU brings native movies inside attain with interactive transcripts. You possibly can faucet on any phrase to look it up immediately. Each definition has examples which have been written that will help you perceive how the phrase is used. Should you see an fascinating phrase you don’t know, you may add it to a vocab checklist.
Evaluation an entire interactive transcript underneath the Dialogue tab, and discover phrases and phrases listed underneath Vocab.
Study all of the vocabulary in any video with FluentU’s sturdy studying engine. Swipe left or proper to see extra examples of the phrase you’re on.
The most effective half is that FluentU retains monitor of the vocabulary that you just’re studying, and offers you further follow with tough phrases. It’s going to even remind you when it’s time to overview what you’ve discovered. Each learner has a very personalised expertise, even when they’re studying with the identical video.